Adventure with Youth at Risk
The overarching goal of this workshop is to help educators, trainers, counselors, and therapists who use experiential learning pedagogy develop a deeper understanding of how Project Adventure’s Behavior Management through Adventure program (BMtA) can be implemented to help youth increase prosocial behavior and achieve social emotional learning objectives.
- Learn about the theoretical constructs and foundational concepts that support BMTA program effectiveness.
- Learn new skills and techniques so the transfer of learning with clients is more applicable, meaningful and relevant in meeting your program objectives.
- Learn about best practices and alternative strategies that encourage participants to be active and responsive learners rather than passive spectators in the learning process.
- Be able to appropriately select, sequence, and process activities to meet specific program and content objectives.
- Learn and use various activities and discussion techniques to help group members build trust and successfully manage conflicts as they move through their stages of group development.
- Learn how to assess the group’s strengths and weaknesses to help in selecting and sequencing activities to use in promoting growth and learning.
- Learn how to evaluate and understand the dynamics of the group’s experience to determine and focus on relevant discussion topics so the learning is personal and has present and future relevance.
- Learn strategies to lessen student’s dependency of leader’s control of their behaviors so they may learn to make responsible decisions and manage their own behaviors.
- $525 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 3
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm (Workshops in Boston only will take place 8:00-3:30)
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs are available
How to Register
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.