Adventure Based Counseling
Adventure Based Counseling is a group-counseling program which utilizes experiential learning pedagogy with novel and engaging group adventure activities which are systematically debriefed to help group participants develop pro-social behaviors and achieve personal growth and behavior change. The workshop is designed to help educators, facilitators, counselors, and therapists develop a deeper understanding of how to use our program model approach and learn skills and techniques, so the transfer of learning with clients is more applicable, meaningful and relevant in meeting your program objectives.
- Understand the theoretical constructs and foundational concepts that are used in Adventure Based Counseling.
- Acquire the skills of how to facilitate the development of individual and group behavioral norms to achieve an effective group process.
- Determine how to assess the group’s strengths and weaknesses to help in selecting, sequencing and debriefing activities to promote growth and learning.
- Learn best practices and alternative strategies that encourage participants to be active and responsive learners rather than passive spectators in the learning process.
- Experiment with goal setting as a tool to debrief behaviors and assist group members achieve their goals.
- Learn how to develop and use effective questioning and debriefing techniques to help group members increase their awareness and motivation to learn new ways of reaching their goals.
- Discover how to use various activities and discussion techniques to help group members build trust and successfully manage conflicts as they move through their stages of group development.
- Explore best practices for being able to give and receive effective feedback in the group process.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop doesn’t cover any challenge course facilitation skills. To learn basic challenge course facilitation skills, participants should take our Adventure Programming workshop.
- $650 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 4
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 3.6
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.