SEL for Tier II Interventions: Creating the Perfect Circle
Schools and youth programs are stretched thin when it comes to serving students who need extra support. Group work – such as boys’/girls’ groups, lunch bunches, or Tier 2 social support groups – can be a great way to provide targeted SEL services to more of our students. The group process is also a powerful way to help our students develop. In this workshop, participants will learn strategies to make Tier 2 SEL groups effective. Our methodology can help you design a group for your students’ needs and build your own Perfect Circle.
- Explore phases of group development and learn activity models to guide groups through their development.
- Learn the role of rituals and shared values in the creation of a positive group experience.
- Discover best practices in group facilitation including recruitment, curriculum design, conflict management, reflection, and transition/termination.
This workshop is great for counselors, teachers, youth workers, advisory program leaders, or any other facilitator of groups.
Workshop Information (In-person version):
- $390 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 2
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- This workshop has not been approved for graduate credits or CEUs. We will update this information if approval has been granted.
- Please register more than two weeks in advance to ensure the workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in a 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
Online Workshop Information:
- The online workshop will meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday, 8/3-8/14 from 9:30AM-11:00AM ET.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax it to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Register two weeks prior to the workshop start date. Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.