Social and Emotional Learning Through Adventure
This workshop is for interdisciplinary, K-12 educators who wish to support the social and emotional development of their students better. Participants will be exposed to a wide range of adventure-based, SEL-linked activities while exploring strategies for applying adventure concepts to align and integrate the diverse social and emotional learning initiatives in their school.
- Participate in adventure activities that support the implementation of social and emotional learning (SEL) strategies while supporting academic content.
- Gain information and insight into theory, research results, and components associated with the most effective approaches to SEL programming.
- Develop instructional skills for specific SEL content areas such as goal setting, decision making, managing emotions, and engaging in social relationships.
- Explore best practices for creating and evaluating a relationship-centered school or community agency.
AT THIS TIME, THIS WORKSHOP IS ONLY BEING OFFERED ONLINE DUE TO COVID-19.
Online Workshop Session Options:
- Cohort A: Meets online every Tuesday, 10/6-10/27 (6:00-9:00PM Eastern Time)
- Cohort B: Meets online every Wednesday, 10/7-10/28 (3:00-6:00PM Eastern Time)
- Participant can register for only one session.
- Limited space available! Register now or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in attending.
- Cost = $390
- There will be an additional 4 hours of asynchronous work off-line.
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4 (Please note: Participants can take SEL through Adventure or SEL for Specialists but not both for graduate credits)
- CEUs: 1.6
- Please register at least seven weeks in advance as space is limited.
- Workshop registration cancellation policy: If you register and can’t attend, please let us at least seven days prior to the workshop since space is limited and we often have a waiting list. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register:
To register/pay via credit card online for Cohort A: Meets online every Tuesday, 10/6-10/27 (6:00-9:00PM Eastern Time)
To register/pay via credit card online for Cohort B: Meets online every Wednesday, 10/7-10/28 (3:00-6:00PM Eastern Time)
- Purchase Orders: If your school or organization will be using a Purchase Order, please email email@example.com to register. A copy of the Purchase Order will need to be submitted to that same email address to finalize the registration.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-524-4555 if you have any questions.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Email email@example.com to be put you on the waiting list.