Social and Emotional Learning Through Adventure
This workshop is for interdisciplinary, K-12 educators who wish to support the social and emotional development of their students better. Participants will be exposed to a wide range of adventure-based, SEL-linked activities while exploring strategies for applying adventure concepts to align and integrate the diverse social and emotional learning initiatives in their school.
- Participate in adventure activities that support the implementation of social and emotional learning (SEL) strategies while supporting academic content.
- Gain information and insight into theory, research results, and components associated with the most effective approaches to SEL programming.
- Develop instructional skills for specific SEL content areas such as goal setting, decision making, managing emotions, and engaging in social relationships.
- Explore best practices for creating and evaluating a relationship-centered school or community agency.
Workshop Information (In-person versions):
- $390 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 2
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4 (Please note: Participants can take SEL through Adventure or SEL for Specialists but not both for graduate credits)
- CEUs: 1.6
- Please register more than two weeks in advance to ensure the workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
Online Workshop Session Options:
- Session A: Will meet online every Thursday, starting 7/30 and runs through Thursday, August 20th. The live online hours will be 6:30-9:30PM ET each week.
- Session B: Will meet online every Monday and Thursday, starting 8/10 and runs through Thursday, August 20th. The live online hours will be 1:00-4:00PM ET each week.
- Participant can register for only one session.
- Limited space available! Register now or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in attending.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. Only fax the form if you can’t register and pay via credit card online. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Please register at least two weeks prior to the start date. Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.