Social and Emotional Learning for Specialists
Teachers of art, music, physical education, and other special subjects, have an amazing opportunity to foster social and emotional development through their curriculum. Often these classes are a place of comfort and high engagement for the students who need support the most! In this workshop, discover how the Experiential Learning Cycle can be used by specialists to integrate SEL with their subject matter and be strong components of a school-wide SEL strategy. We will engage with music as a medium for practicing this approach, but no experience or talent is required! Skills learned will be applicable to any subject.
- Learn and practice the Experiential Learning Cycle through music, art, and more.
- Practice applying the Experiential Learning Cycle to their own subject matter.
- Learn reflection strategies to reinforce SEL learning goals.
- Explore how their curriculum can become part of a school-wide SEL strategy.
This workshop is great for: teachers of art, music, physical education, health & wellness, technology, drama, etc.
- $390 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 2
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4 (Please note: Participants can take SEL for Specialists or SEL through Adventure but not both for graduate credits)
- CEUs: 1.6
- Please register more than two weeks in advance to ensure the workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.