Improving Social Skills Through Adventure
This workshop is excellent for individuals who work with school-aged children in any setting or grade who are looking to develop the social and emotional competencies of their students. This workshop includes concepts from PA’s Building Respectful Learning Communities whole school model.
- Participate in adventure activities that support implementation of Social Emotional Learning strategies and also support teaching academic content.
- Gain information and insight into theory, research results, and components associated with the most effective approaches to SEL programming.
- Develop instructional skills for specific SEL content areas such as Goal Setting, Decision Making, Managing Emotions, and Engaging in Social Relationships.
- Explore best practices for creating and evaluating a relationship-centered school or community agency.
- Share and explore learning applications for their own setting.
- $390 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 2
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 1.6
How to Register
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.