Achieving Fitness: An Adventure Approach
Looking to add more fitness to your Adventure Programming? Want more ways to make fitness fun and teach the value of life-long fitness? This workshop and accompanying activity guide are guaranteed to provide new ways to engage students in cooperative learning while at the same time providing physical challenges and embedding content related to the following areas of health-related fitness: cardiovascular, muscle strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
- Review basic fitness principles and learn how to combine them with adventure methodology to more fully engage students in achieving life-long fitness.
- Experience a variety of activities designed to support students’ achievement of health-related fitness in the following areas: cardiovascular, muscular strength/endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
- Gain understanding of the factors that influence student participation in physical activity and learn how adventure activities can positively impact this.
- Discuss ways to implement both the Achieving Fitness: An Adventure Activity Guide into their fitness program.
- In this workshop, we will follow COVID-19 guidelines. Participants must wear masks and activities will be done while maintaining safe social distancing. Participants will learn how to facilitate adventure-based fitness activities using social distancing.
- Cohort A: Meets Wednesday, 9/30 & 10/7
- Cohort B: Meets Saturday & Sunday, 10/17-10/18
- Location: Project Adventure – Beverly, MA
- Participants register for one cohort
- $390 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 2
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 1.6
- Please register more than two weeks in advance of a workshop to ensure that a workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register:
To register/pay via credit card for Cohort A: (Meets Wednesday, 9/30 & 10/7)
To register/pay via credit card for Cohort B: (Meets Saturday & Sunday, 10/17-10/18)
- Purchase Orders: If your school or organization will be using a Purchase Order, please email email@example.com to register. A copy of the Purchase Order will need to be submitted to that same email address to finalize the registration.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-524-4555 if you have any questions.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Email email@example.com to be put you on the waiting list.