Creating Community in Virtual Spaces
Creating Community in Virtual Spaces is designed to assist educators who are in a full virtual model due to COVID-19. At the beginning of the school year, we rely on the first month to create a sense of community and connection in our classrooms, as well as set expectations and values. In this 3 hour session, participants will experience several community building activities through Zoom, and explore different ways to establish virtual classroom norms.
- Experience virtual community building activities they can then bring back to their own participants
- Explore and discuss the various ways to establish classroom norms, expectations, and values in a virtual setting
- Learn strategies to engage students
Upcoming dates and times:
- September 24th, 9:00AM-12:00PM Eastern Time
- September 29th, 6:00-9:00PM Eastern Time
- October 2nd, 1:00-4:00PM Eastern Time
- Cost is $75 per person
- Workshop registration cancellation policy: If you register and can’t attend, please let us at least seven days prior to the workshop since space is limited and we often have a waiting list. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
To Register/Pay via credit card for the September 24th workshop (meets online 9:00AM-12:00PM Eastern Time):
To Register/Pay via credit card for the September 29th workshop (meets online 6:00-9:00PM Eastern Time):
To Register/Pay via credit card for the October 2nd workshop (meets online 1:00-4:00PM Eastern Time):
- Purchase Orders: If your school or organization will be using a Purchase Order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. A copy of the Purchase Order will need to be submitted to that same email address to finalize the registration.
- Please email email@example.com or call 978-524-4555 if you have any questions.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put you on the waiting list.