SEL for Tier II Interventions: Creating the Perfect Circle (Online)
Schools and youth programs are stretched thin when it comes to serving students who need extra support. Group work – such as boys’/girls’ groups, lunch bunches, or Tier 2 social support groups – can be a great way to provide targeted SEL services to more of our students. The group process is also a powerful way to help our students develop. In this online workshop, participants will learn strategies to make Tier 2 SEL groups effective. Our methodology can help you design a group for your students’ needs and build your own Perfect Circle.
- Explore phases of group development and learn activity models to guide groups through their development.
- Learn the role of rituals and shared values in the creation of a positive group experience.
- Discover best practices in group facilitation, including recruitment, curriculum design, conflict management, reflection, and transition/termination.
This workshop is great for counselors, teachers, youth workers, advisory program leaders, or any other group facilitator.
- Cost = $390
- This online workshop will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday, 8/3-8/14 from 9:30 AM-11:30 AM
- This workshop includes 12 Synchronous and 4 Asynchronous hours.
- This workshop has not been approved for graduate credits or CEUs. We will update this information if approval has been granted. However, Massachusetts teachers can receive PDPs for completing this workshop and writing a Reflection Paper. Cost for PDPs is $15. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please register more than two weeks in advance to ensure the workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than two weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in a 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax it to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Register two weeks prior to the workshop start date. Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.