Reflection Tools & Techniques (Online Version)
Reflection is a critical component of an effective adventure program. Participants will experience a variety of reflection methods, tools, and explore ways to use the reflective process effectively and efficiently to promote social and emotional learning outcomes for students.
- Apply the Experiential Learning Cycle and the Adventure Wave Model to strengthen facilitation skills and improve the reflection process.
- Implement specific processing skills and techniques to promote social and emotional competencies for students.
- Experience a variety of active and engaging reflection methods.
- Demonstrate the use of various props, games, and materials that can enhance the reflective process.
This workshop was formerly titled Debriefing Tools and Debriefing Tools for PE. Participants who already earned graduate credits for either of those two workshops can’t also earn credits for this workshop.
Upcoming dates and times:
- Meets online every Tuesday and Thursday, 10/8-10/22 (3:00-5:30PM Eastern Time) *Note: it starts on a Thursday
- Cost is $390 per person
- There will be an additional 4 hours of asynchronous work off-line
- Prerequisites: Prior adventure facilitation experience or foundational course workshop
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 1.6
- Workshop registration cancellation policy: If you register and can’t attend, please let us at least seven days prior to the workshop since space is limited and we often have a waiting list. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register:
- Pay by Credit Card Online:
- Purchase Orders: If your school or organization will be using a Purchase Order, please email email@example.com to register. A copy of the Purchase Order will need to be submitted to that same email address to finalize the registration.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-524-4555 if you have any questions.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Email email@example.com to be put you on the waiting list.