Certification Exam Level 2
This level of certification requires additional training as well as broader program knowledge, theoretical understanding, and technical skills. In addition to the competencies of Level 1, Level 2 certification requires training in challenge course rescue procedures, the ability to safely operate climbing towers and other more complex high challenge course activities. These candidates often supervise other less experienced challenge course staff.
Candidates at this level are required to document: 11 days or 110 hours of training and a minimum of 100 challenge course program days (low and high element programming with an emphasis on highs) with 8 hours being considered a day.
The Project Adventure workshops that would fulfill these training requirements are Adventure Programming, Technical Skills Intensive and Advanced Skills and Standards, taken in that order.
The Certification Exam for Level 2 Practitioner includes:
- Written and practical competency testing
- Certification for 3 years
- $225 – Includes registration and lunch during exam.
- This one-day test begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends by 6:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
Before registering, please complete and send in your application to take the exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Once we have determined you are qualified to take the exam, you can register via one of the following:
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.