Adventure Programming (Indoor)
Note: Comparable to PA’s Adventure Programming workshop.
- Experience the spirit of adventure programming through an activity-based, hands-on workshop that covers a broad spectrum of portable games, initiatives, and low and high challenge course elements.
- Learn how Project Adventure’s cornerstones of Challenge By Choice, Full Value Contract, and the Experiential Learning Cycle are key foundations of an effective adventure program.
- Experience the power of adventure education as an effective tool for teaching social and emotional learning skills and promoting change in individuals and groups in various educational settings.
- Be introduced to basic facilitation skills such as sequencing, framing, and debriefing techniques for a variety of activity types, including initiatives, lows, and highs.
- Learn the Standard Operating Procedures (safety guidelines) for a variety of low elements and ascending high elements.
- Learn to tie necessary knots, practice belay skills, and learn appropriate use and care of essential gear for indoor high challenge course operations.
- $650 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 4
- Workshop hours: 8:00am-3:30pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Please register at least two weeks prior to the start date. Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.