Advanced Skills & Standards
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the risk management impacts of PA’s core foundational concepts (e.g., Challenge by Choice, Full Value Contract, GRABBSS) and learn leadership skills necessary to supervise a challenge course program.
- Be introduced to a variety of PA elements and equipment and review current challenge course industry norms and standards including state regulations, and Association for Challenge Course (ACCT) standards.
- Review the applications, storage, cleaning and retirement for a variety of equipment including harnesses, helmets, carabiners and other connectors, belay devices, ropes, self-belay lanyards and belay set-ups (pulleys, SRDs).
- Tie and utilize a variety of knots (foundational, intermediate and advanced) used in various applications on the challenge course.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with multiple belaying techniques and be able to instruct and supervise others in the correct use of these techniques.
- Show a working knowledge of challenge course structural components (e.g., bolts, cable, and rapid links) and knowledge of in-house inspection of your challenge course.
- Learn and practice high element course rescue techniques including belay escapes, assisted hoists and cutaway rescues.
- $755 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 4
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 4.0
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Please register at least two weeks prior to the start date. Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.