AICS 2: High Element Facilitation
Session 2: High Element Facilitation
Utilizing core Adventure concepts, participants will:
- Learn Standard Operating Procedures for traversing and ascending high elements, including Climbing Wall/Tower faces.
- Learn how to tie the figure 8 follow-through, figure 8 on-a-bight, double figure 8 and Killick hitch.
- Learn the BUS belay method.
- Learn when participant belays (Australian Belay, TEAM belay, individual) might be appropriate, and how to manage these belays.*
- Learn how to set up and take down elements properly.
- Care for Challenge Course equipment.
- Learn how to incorporate various types of groups into a High Element experience.
*topic will be covered as time allows
Prerequisites: If participants are not already familiar with core adventure concepts such as Challenge by Choice, Full Value Contract and the Experiential Learning Cycle as well as low element facilitation, they should consider taking Session One of the Institute: Facilitation Skills for Ground Activities and Low Elements prior to taking Session Two.
- $365 – Workshop prices include lunch.
Other Important Information:
- For this session, participants must bring their camp/organizations’ harnesses, belay device(s) and helmets in order to be trained on equipment they will be using. These must be less than 10 years old and pass a visual inspection.
- Upon registration, applicants will be sent a questionnaire to complete with more information about their camp program.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.