AICS: Advanced Skills & Management
These workshops have been postponed until 2017.
If you have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that each 2-day session of this Institute will include one evening session to provide opportunities for additional learning, reflection, dialogue and activity experiences.
Session 3: Advanced Skills & Management
- Learn essential skills needed for managing a camp Challenge Course program.
- Techniques for supervising belayers and belay assistants.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures for specialty elements i.e. Swing Shot, Zip Wire, Flying Squirrel.*
- Learn and practice various methods of instructor access.
- Understand basic rescue technique.
- Understand what the Emergency Action Plan is for a challenge course.
- How to avoid situations where a rescue is needed.
- Focus on ‘emotional rescues’.
- Learn how to document skills for camp adventure staff/assistants.
- Understand the importance of having, and techniques for writing Local Operating Procedures.
*as time, need and available elements allow
PREREQUISITES: PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER (ACA QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADVENTURE PROGRAM DIRECTOR) AND A COMPETENT BELAYER OR ATTEND SESSION TWO OF THE INSTITUTE PRIOR TO ATTENDING THIS SESSION.
- $390 – Workshop prices include lunch.
- On-site lodging is available and reservations/payments for lodging are made directly with Camp Becket.
Other Important Information:
- For this session, participants must bring their camp/organizations’ harnesses, belay device(s) and helmets in order to be trained on equipment they will be using. These must be less than 10 years old and pass a visual inspection.
- Upon registration, applicants will be sent a questionnaire to complete with more information about their camp program.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.