Adventure Based Counseling is a group-counseling program which utilizes experiential learning pedagogy with novel and engaging group adventure activities which are systematically debriefed to help group participants develop pro social behaviors and achieve personal growth and behavior change. The workshop is designed to help educators, facilitators, counselors and therapists develop a deeper understanding about how to use our program model approach and learn skills and techniques so the transfer of learning with clients is more applicable, meaningful and relevant in meeting your program objectives.
- Learn about the theoretical constructs and foundational concepts that are used in Adventure Based Counseling
- Learn how to facilitate the development of individual and group behavioral norms to achieve an effective group process
- Learn how to assess the group’s strengths and weaknesses to help in selecting, sequencing and debriefing activities to promote growth and learning
- Learn about best practices and alternative strategies that encourage participants to be active and responsive learners rather than passive spectators in the learning process
- Learn how to use goal setting as a tool to debrief behaviors and assist group members achieve their goals
- Learn how to develop and use effective questioning and debriefing techniques to help group members increase their awareness and motivation to learn new ways of reaching their goals
- Learn how to use various activities and discussion techniques to help group members build trust and successfully manage conflicts as they move through their stages of group development.
- Learn best practices for being able to give and receive effective feedback in the group process
- $650 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 4
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 4.0 (through Plymouth State University
- New York State Social Work CEUs are available through Children’s Aid Society for the Adventure Based Counseling workshop taking place in Chappaqua, NY.
How to Register:
- Phone: (800) 468-8898 or (978) 524-4555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form and fax to 978-524-4501. NOTE: You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Call or email us and we can put you on the waiting list.