Advanced Processing Skills
Strategies to Promote Learning, Growth, and Change.
This advanced workshop is designed for educators, counselors, therapists, and trainers who use experiential learning pedagogy and want to deepen their understanding, skills, and use of debriefing strategies to meet specific program goals.
- Review best practices to assess a group’s strengths and weaknesses to help in selecting and sequencing activities and debriefing methods.
- Learn to evaluate and understand the dynamics of the group’s experience to determine and focus on relevant discussion topics.
- Learn to design and choose effective questions so the learning is personal and has present and future relevance.
- Experience and practice facilitating engaging debriefing sessions in which participants are actively involved in their learning and opportunities for transfer of learning are prevalent.
- Experience and practice effective skills and methods for providing necessary feedback.
- Prerequisites: Prior adventure facilitation experience or foundational course workshop
- $525 – Includes registration, workshop manual and lunch during workshop.
- Number of days: 3
- Workshop hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Please register more than two weeks in advance to ensure the workshop will have enough participants to run as scheduled.
- Workshop registration cancellation policies: Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to a workshop start date will result in 50% refund of tuition cost. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
2020 dates to be scheduled. Please check back for available dates.