SEL for Tier II Interventions: Creating the Perfect Circle
Schools and youth programs are stretched thin when it comes to serving students who need extra support. Group work – such as boys’/girls’ groups, lunch bunches, or Tier 2 social support groups – can be a great way to provide targeted SEL services to more of our students. The group process is also a powerful way to help our students develop. In this workshop, participants will learn strategies to make Tier 2 SEL groups effective. Our methodology can help you design a group for your students’ needs and build your own Perfect Circle.
- Explore phases of group development and learn activity models to guide groups through their development.
- Learn the role of rituals and shared values in the creation of a positive group experience.
- Discover best practices in group facilitation including recruitment, curriculum design, conflict management, reflection, and transition/termination.
This workshop is great for counselors, teachers, youth workers, advisory program leaders, or any other facilitator of groups.
This workshop will currently only be available online due to the COVID pandemic.
Online Workshop Information:
- Meets online every Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 10/30-11/9 (3:00-5:30PM Eastern Time) *note: this workshops starts on Friday 10/30 and ends on Monday 11/9*
- Cost = $390
- This workshop includes 12 Synchronous and 4 Asynchronous hours.
- This workshop has not been approved for graduate credits or CEUs but we are working on it with PSU in hopes it will be approved prior to the workshop. We will update this information if approval has been granted. However, Massachusetts teachers can receive PDPs for completing this workshop and writing a Reflection Paper. Cost for PDPs is $15. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please register at least two weeks in advance as space is limited.
- Workshop registration cancellation policy: If you register and can’t attend, please let us at least seven days prior to the workshop since space is limited and we often have a waiting list. No shows without cancellation notice will forfeit all tuition cost paid.
How to Register:
- Purchase Orders: If your school or organization will be using a Purchase Order, please email email@example.com to register. A copy of the Purchase Order will need to be submitted to that same email address to finalize the registration.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-524-4555 if you have any questions.
- Are you waiting for approval to attend or can’t commit with a payment at this time? No worries, we still want to hear from you! Email email@example.com to be put you on the waiting list.